Sunday 6 October 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2013

Hello Friends
This is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I have seen much support for this cause and I would like to show my support also by joining in with doing my own mani with the pink ribbons :)
I think most people have been effected by cancer in some way or another either by someone being diagnosed or knowing someone with cancer.
I myself have lost loved ones to cancer and it is a very difficult thing to go through.
My husband's Grandmother had breast cancer and beat it! but she sadly died of stomach cancer at the grand age of 96.

My husband Stephen was diagnosed with Kidney cancer in 2008 thankfully he had the tumour successfully removed and has been cleared of cancer 5years now.:) although I am glad to say he has to have MRI scans every year to keep an eye on him which is good.but it was such a traumatic time for us as a family.

Stephen's Father also died of Lung cancer in 1996 the year I gave birth to my daughter Kim thankfully he got to spend a little time with Kim before he died. he was a lovely man and we wish he was still here we miss him everyday.

I also want to mention cancer just doesn't effect us humans it also effects animals to.My cat Sassy had breast cancer in 2011 and sadly lost her battle.I was heartbroken and still miss her every day.but she lasted longer than the vets gave her to live and we are proud she battled as long as she did.
We also lost our lovely Dog Lucy in the same year that Sassy died 2011 also to cancer in her bladder area. Lucy was only 8years old a bouncy fun loving girl we loved very much and we miss her so.
 
Here is some info on breast cancer and the link for it. http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/

Whatever your age, size or shape it’s important to take care of your breasts. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, so it’s important to look after your breasts by being breast aware.

Being breast aware is part of caring for your body. It means getting to know how your breasts look and feel so you know what is normal for you. You can then feel more confident about noticing any unusual changes.

Most changes won’t turn out to be breast cancer, but if it is breast cancer, the sooner it is diagnosed the more effective treatment may be.

Even though it’s uncommon, men can also get breast cancer so they need to be breast aware too.
We also know that black and south Asian women, older women, women in socially disadvantaged areas and women with learning disabilities are less likely to be breast aware, and tend to wait longer before seeing a doctor about a change or to attend screening when asked.
  
How do I check my breasts?
There’s no right or wrong way to check your breasts. Try to get used to looking at and feeling your breasts regularly. Remember to check all parts of your breast, your armpits and up to your collarbone.

What changes should I look and feel for?

Nobody knows your body like you do,so you’re the best person to notice any unusual changes.

  • Changes in size or shape.
  • Changes in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling.
  • Inverted nipple.
  • A lump or thickening of breast tissue.
  • Redness or a rash on the skin/around the nipple.
  • Discharge from one or both nipples.
  • Constant pain in breast or armpit.
  • Swelling in armpit/around collarbone.

Here is my VERY Pink Ribbon mani :)





Here is a picture and a list of all items used

From the top middle is mix of flowers in box.
From left to right
Technic clear top coat. O.P.I in kiss me on my tulips. 2True Pro sequins in elle. Ciate in Kiss chase. Sinful colors in snow me white. Perfect Holographic in pink. O.P.I in In you moust you moust. Disney nail art pen in Tantrum. 2True Glitterati in shade6. 2 wheels of beads and pearls and sequins. nail art brush.

Thanks for stopping by I'm sorry this is a long post.  hope you all have a great week.more posts coming up soon.
 <3Dawn<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer asap
please don't forget to follow me if you haven't already :)
<3 Dawn<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...