Thursday 2 January 2014

Galaxy nails!


Hello my lovelies :)
A very Happy New Year to you all. I hope you all had a good one and that 2014 will be your best year ever!

I have a new mani for you today one I've never tried before and wanted to give it ago.
I wanted to try my hand at creating a Galaxy on my nails using the sponging effect and dotting tool along with various polishes.
I have seen lots of nail artists bloggers doing this sort of mani and I like the look.
I did find this a little challenging and not as easy as it seems as I wanted to try different looks and clouds of gases and solar systems but I finally did it and here is my version below.



List of polishes used to create the Galactic universe.
  • Calvin Klien glitter polish in Hallucinate.
  • Wet n Wild polish in French manicure white.
  • Rimmel polish in Midnight Blue.
  • Nicole O.P.I in A lit-Teal bit of love.
  • Technic polish in Black.
  • W7 polish in Baby Pink.
  • Revlon polish in Runway Pearl.
  • George ASDA polish in Ultraviolet.
  • W7 glitter polish in Galactic violet.
  • Maybelline polish in Ceramic Blue.
  • Saffron Glitter polish in 04.
  • Color club polish in London calling.
  • Rimmel metal rush polish colour changing.
  • 17 polish in Peacock.
  • Make-up sponge.
  • Dotting tool.
I used the Technic polish in black as a base on the thumb and middle finger and the Rimmel midnight blue polish as a base on the other fingers.
I then dabbed various polishes with a make up sponge starting with the White then blues and other shades then used the dotting tool for stars.and the glitter for distant stars.


I thought I would google some pictures to get inspiration from to do my Galaxy nails.I added a shooting star/comet on the ring finger and I do like the comet tail worked out better than I hoped.
I think it isn't bad for my first attempt I will give this ago again soon as I do like the effect it gives.

 
I hope you enjoyed my Galaxy nails.
Have you tried this effect and did you like it?

Thanks for stopping by.
More posts shortly.
♡Dawn♡

4 comments:

  1. Wow those came out so well, especially for a first try! I love the comet too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly for commenting :) I love the comet too! xxxxx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer asap
please don't forget to follow me if you haven't already :)
<3 Dawn<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...